Sunday, July 3, 2011

Pest Control

Our roach problem seems to be under control at the moment. We have been here two months now and have only seen 9 total. Some of them are dead when we find them, thanks to our awesome bug killing cat, Spaz. But it's the live ones I have a problem with. I haven't seen a large live one in about a month, but last night I found two babies in the bathroom, and that was when I discovered an awesome way to kill them! Usually I'll call Scott in and he'll take care of them with a can of hairspray and a lighter, but the hairspray was just about empty and wouldn't catch fire. So I grabbed the closest thing to me: Seventh Generation Bathroom Cleaner. It shoots out a foam that basically kills roaches on contact! It's amazing and my new best friend. Also it's all natural and plant-derived, so bonus!

The miracle product

3 comments:

  1. Glad you found something that works. Good thing they don't fly like moths.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, I just found your blog through Jules' blog and I have the SAME problem! We moved into this house a little over a month ago and had a roach problem! We hired a pest control service, but they still pop up every once in awhile (usually dead). It is the WORST THING EVER! I HATE these things and I still feel creeped out in this house because of it. I still don't feel at home. I hope they get under control for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, they are nasty little bugs! I heard it takes a few months for the problem to completely go away, but if you're only seeing dead ones it sounds like you're off to a good start!

    We live in a mid-size apartment complex, so when they spray the roaches just move from one unit to another. I'd have them do ours every month, but I'm pregnant and have a cat so we'd both have to leave for a few days every time.

    Congrats on the new house! I hope your roach problem is soon non-existent!

    Kendall

    ReplyDelete