Sunday, January 9, 2011

New Year, New Blog

Although a lot of good things happened in 2010, it wasn't my favorite year. I'm glad to see it go.

2010 The Good
-I made a wonderful new friend, Katie Cooper!
-I finally got health insurance (even though it sucks and my premium is insane).
-Scott and I moved to a nicer and cheaper apartment in a better neighborhood that is closer to my job.
-I was able to go camping twice with my family.
-Scott got a new job that he loves, and we love hanging out with his coworkers.
-I'm a first time fake aunt.
-A semi-regular Sunday brunch crew has been established.

2010 The Bad
-My best friend's mom passed away, and my heart aches for what my friend is going through.
-Greg and Lubka moved to Slovakia.
-Jon and Katie moved to Florida, shortly before Zelda was born.
-My great Aunt Shirley passed away unexpectedly.
-My job has been a huge source of stress and anxiety in my life.

Basically, when I think about 2010 I'm filled with a profound sense of loss and sadness. I still have a hard time living so far from my family, but I don't have time to dwell on that because my job consumes all of my time and physical and emotional energy. I'd make a New Year's Resolution to get a new job, but I never keep my resolutions so I'll just keep working on my resume and checking craigslist for attractive positions in the area. Plan B is to apply at Target.

Not much else is going on. The holidays were really nice, and we had my parents and sister Lauren stay with us one weekend, then Scott's parents stay with us the weekend after. We both went back to Michigan for Christmas for a short and sweet visit. I was able to spend time with all of my elderly family members, and I'm so thankful my great Uncle Michael was having a good day on Christmas Eve. He suffers from dementia and it's been almost 2 years since I was able to give him a hug or have him even recognize me. So it was a good Christmas. Also, Scott spoiled me again, and I told him he better take it down a notch or next year I'll be expecting a pool boy or destination vacation.

3 comments:

  1. A destination vacation to south Florida would be an amazing gift. *hint, hint* *nudge, nudge*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh don't worry, that's going to be a gift to myself as soon as I get my tax return!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your comments Kendall.....You are an articulate speaker and writer and did a wonderful job in highlighting your "Year in Review" ! I look forward to coming back to this site for numerous updates! I love you Kendall! Your Daddy

    ReplyDelete