Monday, January 9, 2012

Walk Series

The weather has been unusually warm lately, and Odin and I have been taking advantage of it! We've been walking all over the neighborhood, looking at squirrels, listening to birds, enjoying the sunshine, and getting some fresh air. It feels like springtime! I can't believe I can throw on a hoodie and go for a warm sunny walk in Chicago in the middle of January. If it stays this way until April or May I won't complain.

Getting ready for our first walk together


All bundled up and out like a light


Hitting the pavement


I think he liked it!

5 comments:

  1. Sooooooo Good! It really helps to be able to get outside, walk and connect with the world when you are a new Mom. So good for Baby too! It saved my Mommy sanity many times with a colicky Nicole!
    Hoping you (and me) have many more nice, mild winter days to enjoy. Save the snow for when Odin can actually play in it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AH he's perfect and adorable! Where is his little winter snow suit from? Baby McShane needs one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary, I completely agree! The walks are so cathartic, and the extra vitamin D helps too. I'm crossing my fingers for more nice days!

    Julie, I went to Sears (the only department store around without going downtown or to the burbs) and that was the only one they had! I got a super good deal on it, too. Originally priced at $65, on sale for $26. They only had one size though 0-6 mon. and it's huge on him! His little arms can fit sideways in the sleeves, haha.

    Thanks, Shaunna! It was indeed lovely. I walked until my feet throbbed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Nicole! I hope I'm a good mommy. Scott likes the first photo too. I think he said it looks like Odin's a thug, haha.

    ReplyDelete