Friday, February 10, 2012

Happy Days

I am having so much fun with Odin! It's so hard to capture his smile on camera... It seems like he is all smiles and giggles while we are playing, but as soon as I try to take a picture of him he gets all serious. I love having conversations with him! I have a couple videos of him "talking" but can't upload them from my phone.

He's also starting to become more aware of his surroundings. Today he discovered that I am attached to his food source, so he looks at me and smiles and talks to me with my nipple in his mouth. It's hilarious! He won't stay latched for more than a few seconds because he gets so distracted. I'm glad this is a temporary phase because as cute as it is, I would worry he's not eating enough!

I take him back to the doctor next week to catch up on shots. He won't have another formal check up until next month. He did really well last month when he got his shots, so I'm hoping it's not too bad this time, either.

I can't believe he is three months old already! In another three months he'll be holding his head up, rolling over, teething, sitting in the Bumbo, eating solids, and dating! I'm trying to hang onto each precious minute I have with him and genuinely cherish each moment. I know all too well how fleeting time is, and this chapter in our lives is such a small percentage of the bigger picture. Putting it into this perspective has made me appreciate (and even enjoy!) the fussy times he needs rocking, the middle of the night wake ups, and the times it feels like all he does is nurse. One day not too far from now I'll wish he was this small and will long for these days and nights...

I read that by the end of this month he will no longer snuggle into me when I hold him, as he becomes aware that he is his separate entity and gains the muscle control to pull away when he's in my arms. So I've been snuggling him a lot lately, trying to take advantage of these last few weeks. Apparently I fall into the Attachment Parenting label, but I'm totally ok with that. ;)

Other things he is doing:
-Drooling a lot
-Blowing spit bubbles
-Reaching for things in front of his face
-Grasping and shaking things, then bringing them to his mouth
-Sucking on his fists
-Looking at his hands and fingers


Trying to capture his smile

Blowing spit bubbles

Snuggling with his puppy before nap time (why does my phone add the checker print?)

Baby feet! I gobbled them up =)


Who's that cute baby in the mirror?

It's Odin! He's the cutie


He loves looking at my phone



2 comments:

  1. Wow Kendall! I can't believe how big he's gotten already! Time had really flown. He is so handsome and definitely looks like he enjoys his mommy cuddles. I can't wait to meet him someday and smother him with love.

    Love, Shawna B!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks, B! I can't wait for you to meet him either. When we go around the room and look at everything, I always tell him about Aunt Shawna who made his animal pictures. =)

      Delete